Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

IO Placement is infeasible

Jump to solution
hello everyone, I have got this message when trying to implement my design: http://pastebin.com/DtBraWQW what i have to do in order to sort everything out? thank you in advance
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

It looks like the problem is the IO standard of LVCMOS18 (low-voltage CMOS with 1.8V Vcco supply) when you're already using all available banks with some other Vcco voltage.  Note that LVCMOS18 is also the default IO standard for 7-series devices if you don't specify it in the constraints.  So either you need to take another look at your I/O banking to find a solution for grouping pins that results in a legal placement, or you need to change the voltage standard for the unplaceable pins to match the available bank voltages.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This error may occur if the design uses more I/Os than the available in the selected device and package.

Please check the number of top level ports used and check whether the correct device and package are selected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Can I say to vivado to let those terminal unconnected?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Comment out unrequired external interfae ports in your top level and declare them as signals or wires and make necessary connections so that they will not be trimmed out.

If you really require them for external interface recheck your design for total needed pins available pins and select a bigger FPGA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Sounds like a workaround :\ Can I add options to my constraint file?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

It looks like the problem is the IO standard of LVCMOS18 (low-voltage CMOS with 1.8V Vcco supply) when you're already using all available banks with some other Vcco voltage.  Note that LVCMOS18 is also the default IO standard for 7-series devices if you don't specify it in the constraints.  So either you need to take another look at your I/O banking to find a solution for grouping pins that results in a legal placement, or you need to change the voltage standard for the unplaceable pins to match the available bank voltages.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Thank you gszakacs. Your solution solved my specific problem
0 Kudos