Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

ISE Intelligent script

who can provide the script?

If the current P&R timing is not meet,and the ISE can re-implement based the initial constrain with 0.01ns step add/sub automatic until the timing ok?
So that the ISE can always work no manualy intervention.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Re: ISE Intelligent script

I'm a little confused by your wording.

Do you mean to vary the timing constraints  in steps until the design passes.  In that

way to find the "best" achievable timing?

Usually constaints are understood to be absolute requirements.  e.g. some external

device MUST have outputs 3 ns before the next clock edge or your design will not

work reliably.  Changing the constraints means changing the system level design.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I only have a critical timing. Eg: my constrain requirement is 8ns.if it is not meet,i wish the script can subtract a 0.01ns step base 8ns.(7.99,7.98,7.97...........) until the timg is ok.then,it can stop.So, i wish get the correct result in the morning through the whole night P&R work .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Generally speaking, reducing the constraint time does not help to meet timing.  If you find that

changing timing by .01ns at a time helps, the real mechanism that helps is using a different

random seed for the placement.  I would suggest just trying multipass P&R with a constant

constraint value of 8ns.  You don't need a special script for this.

Regards,

Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

So,it will auto finish if timing is closure?

However,it is ok if there is a option intelligent script

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

m006 wrote:
I only have a critical timing.Eg: my constrain requirement is 8ns.if it is not meet,i wish the script can subtract a 0.01ns step base 8ns.(7.99,7.98,7.97...........) until the timg is ok.then,it can stop.So, i wish get the correct result in the morning through the whole night P&R work .
I'm not sure I see the benefit of your script.
 If my period constraint is 8 ns, and if I meet it, I don't care if it can also run at 7.99 ns or whatever.
 And if it does NOT run at 8 ns, the fact that it DOES run at 8.1 ns isn't helpful, either.
 -a 

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

As long as the timing can archieve within 8ns. then,stop retrying and generate bit file

it is ok.

0 Kudos