UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Implementation & Bit-Stream generation error in Vivado 2014_2

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using the example design provided with the TriMAC ethernet core ver 8.2 in Vivado 2014_2. But whenever i try to generate bit-stream for the design targeted at Artix AC701 Board i get the following errors:

[Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object.

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains a core for which bitstream generation is not supported:
trimac_fifo_block/trimac_sup_block/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v8_2 Version 1)

I tried regenerating the core as mentioned in a thread :

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/xapp1167-bitstream-generation-error/m-p/407379#M1283

But it deosnt work. The error screenshot is attached. Thank you.

Regards,

error.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Implementation & Bit-Stream generation error in Vivado 2014_2

Jump to solution

Hi,

In 2013.3 can you open core customization GUI (double click on the IP in IP catalog) and check the license status? Is it shown as "design linking" or "hardware evaluation"?

Related thread http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/IP-License-ten-gig-eth-mac-issue-2014-1/td-p/496746/page/2

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you have license for this core TriMAC ethernet core?

Open the IP customization GUI and check the license status at bottom as shown below.

Capture.JPG

If this is shown as "Design linking" license then you will not be able to generate bitstream.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Jump to solution

It shows Design_linking IP license available.

screenshot of license manager is attached. 

What about the first error? it isnt showing which xdc file and line number has the error.

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

The first error could be because of incorrect commands given in TCL console or XDC.

Right click in "messages" tab and select "discard old messages".

The design linking license does not allow bitstream generation. Generate HW evaluation license or purchase license to this core inorder to generate bitstream.

Go to http://www.xilinx.com/ipcenter/ipevaluation/temac_evaluation.htm and select "generate soft TEMAC license key" as shown below to generate evaluation license

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi.

I had initially tested the Example design in Vivado 13.3. It was generating bit-streams without any error or license requirement. So i checked its license manager. The license of TEMAC there is also IP design linking but i was able to generate the bit-stream & test  on FPGA. 

Thanks.

lic1.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

In 2013.3 can you open core customization GUI (double click on the IP in IP catalog) and check the license status? Is it shown as "design linking" or "hardware evaluation"?

Related thread http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/IP-License-ten-gig-eth-mac-issue-2014-1/td-p/496746/page/2

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.

View solution in original post

Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes. Thank you. i found that the HW Eval license was missing from the licenses. This is possibly the reason that i am unable to genrate bitstream for the design.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sameed Sohail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor sameedsohail
Visitor

Jump to solution

Another possible problem can be the project name. If project name doesnot follow the conventions described, the IP Cores / moduels may fail to synthesize/implement.

0 Kudos