UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ihf_maresx
Visitor

Implementation fails after adding Aurora6466b Core (Placement issue clock region)

Hello,

I have a program which uses several transceivers on a FMC and the ethernet port of my VC707, everything works quite well. Since I tried to add an Aurora64b66b Core to have a transceiver connection over SMA to another VC707, the implementation fails with following message:

1.JPG

When I have a look on the design, it seems that the mac_engine may collide with the Aurora Core (Region X1Y0, right end):

2.JPG

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Do I have to manually place components to the same clock region and if yes how can I do this?

I appreciate your help, thank you so much

Best regards

Jan-Philip

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Implementation fails after adding Aurora6466b Core (Placement issue clock region)

@ihf_maresx,

Can you please share post opt dcp file which will be located in <project>/<project>.runs/impl_1/**_opt.dcp 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor ihf_maresx
Visitor

Re: Implementation fails after adding Aurora6466b Core (Placement issue clock region)

Hello syedz,

thank you for your reply. You find the .dcp File attached.

Best regards

Jan-Philip

0 Kudos

@ihf_maresx,

In the shared post opt dcp, I see that you have two GT_CHANNEL instances "sip_vc707_mac_engine_sgmii_0/mac_engine_inst/core_wrapper/U0/transceiver_inst/gtwizard_inst/U0/gtwizard_i/gt0_GTWIZARD_i/gtxe2_i" & "design_uplink_i/aurora_64b66b_0/inst/design_uplink_aurora_64b66b_0_0_core_i/design_uplink_aurora_64b66b_0_0_wrapper_i/design_uplink_aurora_64b66b_0_0_multi_gt_i/design_uplink_aurora_64b66b_0_0_gtx_inst/gtxe2_i" locked in single clock region (X0Y1) are connected to two different GT_COMMON instance which is causing the error.

Note:

1. GT_COMMON and the GT_CHANNEL should always be placed in the same clock region.

2. A clock region has only one GT_COMMON site

You need to revisit your code and do the modifications to overcome this error.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

@ihf_maresx,

Did the suggestion from my previous post provided any help?

--Syed

0 Kudos

If both Aurora and ethernet IPs use CPLL for the design, try the following suggestion.
If ethernet and Aurora are targeted to the same GT quad, chose "shared logic in example" option in one of the IP's so that QPLL is instantiated in only one IP. connect the QPLL ports of this IP from the other IP with "Shared logic in core" option.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos