UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Implementation of very large matrix operation in FPGA

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I am trying to implement a very large matrix multiplication, addition, subtraction and division design on FPGA.

This matrix are large as 16x10 with each element being a 16 bit binary number. 

My challenge here is that every time I multiply two matrices , the size of each element of the resultant matrix increases a lot!

What is the approach to implement this design?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Implementation of very large matrix operation in FPGA

Jump to solution
this is expected behavior and one of the challenge in dsp application / you can try rounding , truncation. use right shift to make it simple but impact precision
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
this is expected behavior and one of the challenge in dsp application / you can try rounding , truncation. use right shift to make it simple but impact precision
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thank you @balkris.

0 Kudos