UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Infinite time for implementation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have got a design which keep routing forever.

I attach a zip file containing the design, so that someone can try to replicate the issue.

The design is basically an example design for 1G/10G/25G switching ethernet subsytem IP.

Only pin constraints have been changed to adapt it to target ZCU102 board.

I am using Vivado 2018.2.

Luca

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Infinite time for implementation

Jump to solution

@colombini_luca

Thanks for the files. I checked this is in same vivado version i.e 2018.2 and the implementation took ~2hrs to complete. From log file, I see the tool took more time to fix hold violation which could not be closed. 

image.png

You need to review your constraints in the design. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@colombini_luca

The project which you shared has missing files. Can you share the archive project?

From Vivado GUI, select File-->Project-->Archive..  This will save your project in .zip file. Share this file. 

Capture.JPG

Did you try running different implementation strategies? Also try disabling multithreading: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50345.html

Which OS are you using? Make sure you use supported OS with Vivado 2018.2: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=11

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @syedz,

I cannot attach the archive since it is 25MB, even if I strip out the three include option.

I am working on a Windows 10 64-bit machine.

Luca

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@colombini_luca

I have sent you an email from ezmove where you can upload the file and send it back to us.

--Syed

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@colombini_luca

Thanks for the files. I checked this is in same vivado version i.e 2018.2 and the implementation took ~2hrs to complete. From log file, I see the tool took more time to fix hold violation which could not be closed. 

image.png

You need to review your constraints in the design. 

--Syed

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Thanks Syed
0 Kudos