cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Is it possible to build with unconnected debug channels?

Hello,

My builds are failing opt_design due to unconnected debug channels on my ILA. This is the error message:

ERROR: [Chipscope 16-213] The debug port 'u_ila_0/probe20' has 1 unconnected channels (bits). This will cause errors during implementation.

Is there a way to tell the tool to automatically ignore or tie off any unconnected debug channels? I recognize that I can remove them manually but this is inefficient. It would be really nice if this could be done automatically.

Thanks,
David

2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hello David,

I put all of my ILA constraints in one XDC file, which I enable and disable to enable and disable ILA as a whole.

At the ILA hookup points I give common names so I can get_nets them in the XDC file, find their lengths and set them as appropriate. Here is how that looks:

create_debug_port $ILA probe
set VIO [get_nets mFPGA/rVioB*]
set_property port_width [llength $VIO] [get_debug_ports $ILA/probe1]
connect_debug_port $ILA/probe1 $VIO

If I want to completely remove the input to a probe but keep the probe, I just give the probe a constant input.

Daniel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I second the request to make this a suppressible condition - when debugging, nearly every time I rebuild I have to break the flow, reopen synthesis and prune the unconnected ports. Wastes a bunch of time. 

0 Kudos