UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is it possible to build with unconnected debug channels?

Hello,

My builds are failing opt_design due to unconnected debug channels on my ILA. This is the error message:

ERROR: [Chipscope 16-213] The debug port 'u_ila_0/probe20' has 1 unconnected channels (bits). This will cause errors during implementation.

Is there a way to tell the tool to automatically ignore or tie off any unconnected debug channels? I recognize that I can remove them manually but this is inefficient. It would be really nice if this could be done automatically.

Thanks,
David

2 Replies
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

Re: Is it possible to build with unconnected debug channels?

Hello David,

I put all of my ILA constraints in one XDC file, which I enable and disable to enable and disable ILA as a whole.

At the ILA hookup points I give common names so I can get_nets them in the XDC file, find their lengths and set them as appropriate. Here is how that looks:

create_debug_port $ILA probe
set VIO [get_nets mFPGA/rVioB*]
set_property port_width [llength $VIO] [get_debug_ports $ILA/probe1]
connect_debug_port $ILA/probe1 $VIO

If I want to completely remove the input to a probe but keep the probe, I just give the probe a constant input.

Daniel

0 Kudos

Re: Is it possible to build with unconnected debug channels?

I second the request to make this a suppressible condition - when debugging, nearly every time I rebuild I have to break the flow, reopen synthesis and prune the unconnected ports. Wastes a bunch of time. 

0 Kudos