Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdodd
Observer
Observer

KC705 SMA GPIO

Hello,

I have a KC705 board and I am trying to figure out how to use the SMA I/O. I am inputting a single-ended 2.5V CMOS square wave (2.5V high, 0V low) from a function generator to pin J13 and tried to output the same square wave to pin J14 but I am not getting anything (just 0V). (J13 and J14 are GPIO SMA connectors with LVCMOS25 standard)

I tried replacing the SMA input J13 with a pushbutton and I still could not see an output (output showed low when button was pressed and low when button was not pressed) but I can see the output properly through UART/COM port on my PC (displays high when button is pressed and low when button is not pressed) so am I missing something for SMA?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mdodd,

Try IBERT Loopback test to understand more on SMA I/Os.
Refer XTP200 for step-by-step procedure and also you can download & run the ready-made example design.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
mdodd
Observer
Observer

Thank you,

I tried both running the tcl script and generating the example design myself, following the steps in the slides, but the bitstream generation failed for both. The errors are in pin planning - unspecified I/O standards and unconstrained logical ports for 38 out of 38 ports. What am I supposed to assign each of the ports to? Also do I have to purchase the SFP Loopback Adapter to test this? It did not come with my evaluation kit. 

0 Kudos
miker
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@mdodd You can download the KC705 XDC file from the KC705 documentation page:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/kintex-7/kc705-ucf-xdc-rdf0150-rev1-0.zip

You can reference the xdc to see how the board was defined for the 38 pins that you are utilizing.  For example:

set_property PACKAGE_PIN Y23 [get_ports USER_SMA_GPIO_P]
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS25 [get_ports USER_SMA_GPIO_P]

Please Reply, Kudos, and Accept as Solution.
0 Kudos