Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

LUT cell generated in implementation

Hi,

I used a STARTUPE2 primitive in project. I opened the IMPLEMENTED DESIGN, why it generated STATRUPE2_inst_i_1 which is LUT cell (just as pic.1), while sometime, it just has only one cell (pic.2).Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.35.16 PM.png

pic.1

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.35.07 PM.png

pic.2

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 1.35.16 PM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

@yinglu2 

Click on the STARTUPE2_inst_i_1(LUT5) cell and press F4 to see the schematic for its connections. I believe the implementation must be inserting the LUT cell during optimization. The information will be present in the log file. 

The pic2 without LUT5 must be from synthesized design.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

And the pic.2 is indeed opened in IMPLEMENTED DESIGN.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.06.31 PM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@yinglu2 

If pic2 is from implemented design then can you confirm pic1 is from synthesized design which has LUT5 cell?

Can you add -verbose switch under more options for opt_design and place_design in implementation settings as shown below. Rerun implementation and share the runme.log file which will be present in your project.runs folder:

Example <project>/<project>.runs/impl_1/runme.log file. 

image.png

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?