Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulw7
Visitor
Visitor

Map Error, not enough information

I'm getting the mapping error below:

Pack:1107 - Pack was unable to combine the symbols listed below into a single IOB component because the site type selected is not compatible. The component already has an input slave buffer.

There is no more information, I've selected to generate detailed map report and the .mrp file doesn't give me anything more than this. How do I go about finding what's causing this? Going by what I've read in other posts, there should be a 'Further Information' section, but it's not there for me. Is there another way I can validate my ucf file maybe?

Using ISE 14.7, device XC4VLX80-10FF1148

0 Kudos
2 Replies
avrumw
Expert
Expert

It doesn't give you any information about the pin or the ports invovled?

My best guess is that you are trying to place a differential pin on the P side of a pair where the N side is assigned to a different signal (either a single ended signal or a different differential pair).

It is also possible that it is some other combination of resources that need "master/slave" pairs; like the ISERDES/OSERDES with "Width expansion" - if you have an ISERDES/OSERDES that needs width expansion and the other P/N pair is used (so the ISERDES/OSERDES is not available) then you could get a message like this.

Avrum

paulw7
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for your reply, I just found it. I'd accidentally uncommented an old DCM, the clock pin was therefore driving two of them.

0 Kudos