Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iafo1
Visitor
Visitor

Mapping and Routing on remote computer

Jump to solution

Hallo!

I would like to map and route my projects on a remote computer. Actually I did it using map and par command lines but now I want to import the files generated back on my computer and use them with ISE GUI...

I tried to copy them in the project-directory and  force UP-to-DATE the processes I executed on remote computer but, for example, if I try to run the FPGA editor an error message tells me that I have to run the Place & Route process...

What can I do it?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Do you really need to run ISE GUI after place and route ? 

Why cannot you just open FPGA Editor or Timing Analyzer as a stand alone application to analyze the results.

Thanks,

Evgeni

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bwade
Scholar
Scholar

Are the machines on the same network with access to a common project directory? Most people use a remote desktop tool like VNC or X-Win32 to run the tools (GUI or command line) on a remote machine. Then if there's a common project directory there's no need to copy the result.

0 Kudos
iafo1
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, I considered this solution...but anyway I'd like to do it... there is some document where I can read how to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

Do you really need to run ISE GUI after place and route ? 

Why cannot you just open FPGA Editor or Timing Analyzer as a stand alone application to analyze the results.

Thanks,

Evgeni

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos