UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Master UCF file

Jump to solution

Hi, recently I have designed and assembled my own Spartan 6 board and wrote a UCF. For each gpio header pin of my board I added a line like

net gpio_b0_02 loc = p111;

to my file. Ok, now my Problem: If I use the UCF within a project that does not use all nets mentioned in the UCF I get the following error:

ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <net gpio_b0_02 loc = p111;>
   [test.ucf(21)]: NET "gpio_b0_02" not found.  Please verify that:
   1. The specified design element actually exists in the original design.
   2. The specified object is spelled correctly in the constraint source file.

As far as I understand, this error occurs because I dont use gpio_b0_02 in my test project. So - do I have to comment all lines of unnused net in my UCF, or is there a statement that tells the Implementationtool to ignore such lines?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Master UCF file

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use the switch "Allow unmatched LOCS" in translate properties as below:

Capture.JPG

This converts errors in to warnings which allows you to proceed with implementation process.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello,

comment out that lines which are not used.

Regards,

Yash 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can use the switch "Allow unmatched LOCS" in translate properties as below:

Capture.JPG

This converts errors in to warnings which allows you to proceed with implementation process.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thanks!

0 Kudos