Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Multicore systems and LSF

Hello,

We have a big project running on a large Kintex Ultrascale FPGA, and on Vivado the implementation times are increasing to about 15 hours.

We have a nice computer farm available here, so I thought we could benefit from that. I found the LSF option in the Vivado remote hosts setting, and have openlava set up (to get the bsub command).

When I test the connection it passes the test, but when I have a project open, it tells me that LSF does not have access to the project directory.

I am missing some experience here, could somebody point me in the right direction?

Also: does vivado actually benefit from LSF? how much time can we win here?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @fransschreuder,

Did you ever figure out how to setup LSF?   I am also wondering if I can get this setup on our design servers so I can get faster implementation.    I have tried a few things but can't seem to figure out how to setup LSF.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

The problem is that the machines on the lsf grid have to have a disk mounted and visible to the script being launched.  If you are running from the IDE/GUI using a project all the bsub command does is send the runme.sh script in the local project run directory to the grid machine.  If it can't change directories to the run dir then the script will fail.  So the lsf machines have to have the project directory mounted.  This is described in the vivado user guides.