UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant airtd
Participant

NGC File include. NGC file problem

Hi Everyone;;

I write a module, then make it to ngc;but  this module include some fifo or ram generated by coregen also have ngc files;

so if I want to use the NGC in some project, do I have to include all the ngc files??

you know, send  customers so many ngc files looks not very clean..

any good method to solve this??

thanks verymuch

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: NGC File include. NGC file problem

Check out ngcbuild:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_1/devref.pdf (Xilinx Command Line Tools User Guide)

A common use is to combine the multiple ngc netlists in an embedded project to a single netlist so the Chipscope Core Inserter flow can be used:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/message?board.id=EDK&message.id=2795 (Using ChipScope to look at my custom IP core's internals)

bt

0 Kudos
Participant airtd
Participant

Thanks Very much, this is just what i need;

I always just use ISE nevigator in Windows, never thought the command line have more option.. :)

and i found i could use "ngcbuild"to add "ucf" file to a NGC file, this is also very help full;

also  the "chip scope core insert" post would be used another day.

btw: another question, when using the NGC file(with ucf constrains on location), how can it not be overwrited by the top module UCF (with different location constrains)in translate process??

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You're welcome.

I'm not aware of a method to prevent a user from using a different constraints file later in the flow.

But you may find some of the approaches here useful:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/design_resources/security/ (Design Security Solutions)

bt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi

I do not know if anyone would be referring to this thread again. But I too have a similar problem. I have  a design module which uses FIFO IP core and I want to create the .ngc file for this module for the Customer. Now the problem is , although the ngc file is generated and the bit file too but on dumping the bit file with this ngc , my system does not even start.

On replacing the ngc file with its vhd equivalent,the system seems to be working fine.

If someone can please tell me what could be going wrong?

I am really looking forward to a reply.

akanksha  

0 Kudos