UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

NgdBuild:604 - Logical block could not be resolved for UNISIM primitive

Accepted Solution Solved
Participant
Accepted Solution

NgdBuild:604 - Logical block could not be resolved for UNISIM primitive

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I think I have an issue with paths used by ISE. It does not seem to find anything in Xilinx libraries (Unisim, Simprim etc) during ngdbuild. I get problems when I use some coregen netlists. For example I have a coregen fifo which I use and it does not seem to find Xilinx primitives:

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
   'eqf_top_i/g1[2].pre_stc_fifo_i/rdb_fifo_inst/BU2/U0/grf.rf/mem/gbm.gbmg.gbmg
   a.ngecc.bmg/blk_mem_generator/valid.cstr/ramloop[3].ram.r/v6_noinit.ram/SDP.S
   IMPLE_PRIM36.ram' with type 'RAMB36E1' could not be resolved. A pin name
   misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch between
   the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a type
   name. Symbol 'RAMB36E1' is not supported in target 'virtex5'.

My PATH variable is set correctly (XILINX_INSTALL_PATH for, example C:\Tools\Xilinx\12.1\ISE_DS). I can't find anywhere in ISE a way to see where it is expecting the unisim libraries. 

Note that I have build the unisim libraries at (C:\Tools\Xilinx\12.1\ISE_DS\ISE\vhdl\mti_pe\6.5c\nt\unisim) and my macro search path does point correctly to my FIFO netlist.

Any ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaco

Accepted Solutions
Mentor

Re: NgdBuild:604 - Logical block could not be resolved for UNISIM primitive

Are you targeting a Virtex-6 or a Virtex-5 device?

Adrian

Please google your question before asking it.
If someone answers your question, mark the post with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mentor

Are you targeting a Virtex-6 or a Virtex-5 device?

Adrian

Please google your question before asking it.
If someone answers your question, mark the post with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left).
Participant

Aha I think you are right...

I'm targeting Virtex-5 at the moment but the netlist was generated for Virtex-6. I hoped that it worked for both of them since I can't launch Coregen to regenerate it. It crashes without any feedback on why it does. I even run it in command prompt with the -ddd debug switches on but still nothing...

Do you think thats the reason I get those NGDBuild errors?

Participant

Ok no that was not the problem. I regenerated the netlists for Virtex-5 on a different machine but I still get the same error messages. 

I get multiple messages like this, some even for other components not related to these netlists. For example I get them for our Aurora core as well.

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
   'ROCKET_IO_LEFT/RIO_RDATA_IFACE_1/U_0/GEN_CORES[1].AURORA_CORE_VIRTEX2P_I/AUR
   ORA_VIRTEX2P_I/lane_0_mgt_i' with type 'GT_CUSTOM' could not be resolved. A
   pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case
   mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the
   misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'GT_CUSTOM' is not supported in target
   'virtex5'.