UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer a1300012709
Observer

No genlib gates satisfy the limits criteria

I used SDSoC to compile my design. However, the compiler showed (during Area Optimization):

Error: No genlib gates satisfy the limits criteria. Stop.
Limits: max delay = 10000000.00, max area = 10000000.00, time limit = 100 sec.
src/tcmalloc.cc:277] Attempt to free invalid pointer 0x363136344f

Can anyone help me to understand and fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: No genlib gates satisfy the limits criteria

Does re-creating the project help?
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I just encountered this same error.  On a project that has been built many times successfully before.  (And yes, I tried re-creating the project.  That does not help.)

Can someone explain what this error message actually means?  And what was likely to cause it?  The main change between the past and now is that I have replaced most instances of a homegrown pulse/edge detector with the xpm_cdc_pulse module.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Happened again.  I'd had backed out the changes that caused it before.  Now just happened again.

And again, it seems related to the inclusion of XPM CDC macros, since that was the main change.

Note: we use Vivado 2017.4 with a non-project, batch mode flow.  I use the "auto_detect_xpm" command before synthesizing -- which is painful though as it increase synthesis time by 50%!!!

0 Kudos