UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer hcuongvn
Observer

Not available when DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE is set to HIGH

Jump to solution

I'm using ISE and EDK 10.1. I try to build my project in ISE and EDK. But I got this error:

ERROR:LIT:141: - CLK90, CLK270, CLK2X and CLK2X180 of DCM symbol "microblaze_ins/clock_generator_0/clock_generator_0/Using_DCM1.DCM1_INST/DCM_INST/Using_Virtex.DCM_INST" (output signal=microblaze_ins/clock_generator_0/clock_generator_0/DCM1_CLK_OUT<0>) is not available when DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE is set to HIGH.

I used clock generator to generate 3 clocks 200Mhz from input clock 125Mhz. 

I searched some topics in this forum. But It's not show the way to fix this error.

Can you help me? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Not available when DLL_FREQUENCY_MODE is set to HIGH

Jump to solution

What device?

Have you looked at the user's guide for the clocking resources?

I had to instatiate another advanced DCM block when I needed to do some clocking outside of the MicroBlaze (I could not just 'add' options to the existing DCM, because it was alread using all of the resources for the MicroBlaze-my poblem was not a mode issue).  You might try adding another DCM to your project.

This was back int eh Virtex 5 days, so I haven't used the V6 or 7-sereis clocking lately in EDK (and I have not used S6, either).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

OK,

You have to have the frequency mode set to high to operate at this frequency.

You do not get the indicated signals when in this mode (on this part, which you did not tell us which one it was).

So, what about:  you can not do this do you not understand?

Use a lower frequency, or use a part that supports the operation of those signals.

Or, use another DCM with fixed phase shift to get the signals you require (if the part supports it).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Observer hcuongvn
Observer

Jump to solution

OK, I got it! 

Now, I have to supply higher frequency clock input or change the output clock lower frequency, right?

But I saw some MHS code in this forum. I saw they supplied 125Mhz to generate 200Mhz same as me! I followed their code and I got error!

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

What device?

Have you looked at the user's guide for the clocking resources?

I had to instatiate another advanced DCM block when I needed to do some clocking outside of the MicroBlaze (I could not just 'add' options to the existing DCM, because it was alread using all of the resources for the MicroBlaze-my poblem was not a mode issue).  You might try adding another DCM to your project.

This was back int eh Virtex 5 days, so I haven't used the V6 or 7-sereis clocking lately in EDK (and I have not used S6, either).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Observer hcuongvn
Observer

Jump to solution

I'm using Microblaze processor Virtex 2 Pro. 

Ok, I'll try to follow your way! 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

"Note that CLK2X and CLK2X180 are not available in
high-frequency mode."

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds083.pdf

page 52

This is from the data sheet, so you will not be able to use the V2 Pro the way you want to.

You will have to do it the way I suggest, with more DCM's and using fixed phase shifts to get the outputs at the relationships you want.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Observer hcuongvn
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you, austin!

0 Kudos