UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xsilverx
Visitor

Optimization design failure for my own IP with sub-referenced xilinx IPs

Hello!

Vivado 2016.4, Windows

fail.png

There is my architecture "norm" with Multiplier 12.0 core (not Out-Of-Context). There is its instantiation:

norm_i : norm_mult
  port map (
    clk => clk,
    a   => shr_iv,
    b   => sq_vl,
    p   => norm_iv
  );

norm_q : norm_mult
  port map (
    clk => clk,
    a   => shr_qv,
    b   => sq_vl,
    p   => norm_qv
  );

I add sub-reference source into IP constructor and pack it into IP. I create another project and add "norm" as IP in Block design. There is "successful" status of "norm" IP in synthesis report. But when I run Implementation there is failure in opt-design stage with this error:

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (INBB-3) Black Box Instances - Cell 'mb_system_i/norm_0/U0/norm_i' of type 'mb_system_i/norm_0/U0/norm_q/norm_mult' has undefined contents and is considered a black box.  The contents of this cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully.

What is the actual cause of this failure? How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Optimization design failure for my own IP with sub-referenced xilinx IPs

@xsilverx,

Is it possible for you to share the design? If yes, then I will send you a private message where you can upload this design.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor xsilverx
Visitor

Re: Optimization design failure for my own IP with sub-referenced xilinx IPs

Is it enough to send only packed "norm" IP with sources?
0 Kudos