cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wenweizha
Contributor
Contributor

Par (V11.4) ignore "lock_pins" constraint and swap LUT pins position of a bus_macro

I'm using bus_macro "busmacro_xc4v_l2r_async_narrow", with contraint "lock_pins = all", however, LUT pins are till swapped by par.

The "busmacro_xc4v_l2r_async_narrow" defined that for its slice0~3, both F and G lut should be defined as "D=A1".

However, in the ncd generated by par (normal p&r), F and G function of slice0~3 are changed, some become "D=A3" - so LUT pins are swapped!

Interestly, if I only do place with par (-r option), no pins are swapped and all functions remain "D=A1".

Why "lock_pins = all" does not work here? Why par try to swap pin location that is defined by a hard macro?

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bwade
Scholar
Scholar

0 Kudos
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You will also need to use S="TRUE" constraint on the nets going into the LUTs. Take a look at the blog: Don't optimize my LUT please! for more details.

@wenweizha wrote:

I'm using bus_macro "busmacro_xc4v_l2r_async_narrow", with contraint "lock_pins = all", however, LUT pins are till swapped by par.

The "busmacro_xc4v_l2r_async_narrow" defined that for its slice0~3, both F and G lut should be defined as "D=A1".

However, in the ncd generated by par (normal p&r), F and G function of slice0~3 are changed, some become "D=A3" - so LUT pins are swapped!

Interestly, if I only do place with par (-r option), no pins are swapped and all functions remain "D=A1".

Why "lock_pins = all" does not work here? Why par try to swap pin location that is defined by a hard macro?

thanks

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos