UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Pin-pointing a constraint error

Jump to solution

One of our project issues a constraint error during the PAR. Using ISE 14.7. When one views the PROJECT.PAR file one finds the constraint error (has an *) and the setup or hold tie violation and the clock associated with the error. 

No timing report is generated. We use scripts and not the GUI.

How does one find the exact register causing the error?

(I have looked at several files and cannot find the exact register of the error)

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Historian
Historian

Re: Pin-pointing a constraint error

Jump to solution

Detailed timing reports are generated by the "trce" program. If this is run, then this will result in a .twr file (which is human readable) and a .twx file. Timing analysis results can be viewed (and even very limited customized reports can be generated) using the "timingan" tool.

Of course, this is all integrated in to the Project Navigator - you can open the interactive timing report viewer once you have finished implementing the design (I don't remember exactly where in the menus you find the mechanism, but it is in the list of options available after running place and route).

Avrum

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

Detailed timing reports are generated by the "trce" program. If this is run, then this will result in a .twr file (which is human readable) and a .twx file. Timing analysis results can be viewed (and even very limited customized reports can be generated) using the "timingan" tool.

Of course, this is all integrated in to the Project Navigator - you can open the interactive timing report viewer once you have finished implementing the design (I don't remember exactly where in the menus you find the mechanism, but it is in the list of options available after running place and route).

Avrum

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks. Let me try that.

0 Kudos