UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

[Place 30-73] Invalid constraint on register 'IO1_I_REG' for axi_quad_spi Version 3.2

Hi There,

We are getting an implementation critical warning w.r.t. the MISO or Io1_i pin of the axi_quad_spi core.  The issue arises because the core expects the input port to be placed in an IOB.  This is also stated in the supporting product documentation.  Unfortunately, we are not in a position to have the input as part of an IOB.  This is because the input to the SPI in our design can be sourced is from 2 separate devices, via a multiplexer, ie.

assign SPI0_MISO = DEVCE_1_CS == 1'b0)?DEVICE_1_MISO: DEVICE_2_MISO;

One of these devices outputs, DEVICE_1_MISO, is provided by internal FPGA logic.

Is it possible to alter the property IOB=TRUE for this input pin of the axi_quad_spi?  If yes, I would be grateful if someone would explain how it is changed.

Regards

Walter

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Place 30-73] Invalid constraint on register 'IO1_I_REG' for axi_quad_spi Version 3.2

Hi @wmaguire. You can override this constraint by adding another IOB constraint on the same register cell, with the value of "FALSE". With constraint precedence, The last constraint will be applied, so you would only need to make sure that it is last in the processing order.

set_property IOB FALSE [get_cells IO1_I_REG]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Place 30-73] Invalid constraint on register 'IO1_I_REG' for axi_quad_spi Version 3.2

Hi @wmaguire. Did overwriting the IOB with the second constraint resolve the error? If so, please mark replies with the "Accept as solution" so that others can find the solution.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi marcb

Apologies for not getting back sooner.  I have been working on a different project and was not checking the forum.  I will try your suggestion and report the results once I get some time to look at it again.

Regards

Walter

0 Kudos

@wmaguire.

Can you provide any update on this thread?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos