UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor leepoult
Visitor

Placement Error [Place 30-678]

I got and error message during the "Global Placement" phase.

What can I do to avoid this problem?

And what is the main reason of this problem?

ERROR: [Place 30-678] Failed to do clock region partitioning: Cannot find an available clock routing track for clock net xxx/TIE/TIE_Regfile_V512R/TIE_Regfile_V512R_bank0/iG2_wr0_we_C2_CLK/i0/i1/xtout_uclk_5 in its partition defined by a rectangle from clock region X0Y7 to clock region X0Y7. A clock partition is a rectangular area covering all clock loads and the clock region for its clock root. It may cover the clock source as well. Each clock net needs to use the same routing track across all clock regions of its partition. In this case, other clock nets are already using resources in one or more clock regions of this partition.

Synthesis tool: protocompiler(from Synopsys)

P&R tool: Vivado 2018.1

Device: XCVU440-FLGA2892-2-e

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Placement Error [Place 30-678]

Hi @leepoult 

Can you try taking the post-opt_design version of the design and running the following commands, and attach the results?

place_ports; report_clock_utilization -file clk_util.rpt

This appears to be a GT clock, but only occupies one clock region. The report should give you a list of other clocks using this clock region. If other clocks are found to use too many clock regions, you could try using the CLOCK_LOW_FANOUT constraint. More suggestions can be found in the below AR.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67674.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor leepoult
Visitor

Thank you for your answer!!

But I alreay retry using block assignment constraint such as "pblock".

My design use two VU440, and they are connected each others.

I moved some part of my design to another FPGA and it works fine.

I think we must carefully divide our large design into a couple of FPGAs.

Also I should carefully assign a block into a specific SLR (in a VU440).

Could you give some tips to do it?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @leepoult 

There are several suggestions on design considerations and flooplanning within the UltraFast methodology Guide (UG949). Specifically, the "Designing with SSI Devices" section linked below.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug949-vivado-design-methodology.pdf#page=25

0 Kudos