UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Portability Error:90

Portability Error:90

I'm actually running Xilinx through ALDEC but I get the Portability error when executing implementation.    Where would this command line be invoked and what could the -k switch possibly refer to

NGDBUILD done.
Executing C:\Xilinx\11.1\ISE\bin\nt\map.exe  -p 3S250ETQ144-5 -o "map.ncd"  -detail  -pr b  -ignore_keep_hierarchy  -k  4  -cm area  -c 100 "gates2_top.ngd" "gates2_top.pcf"
Release 11.1 - Map L.33 (nt)
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Xilinx, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Portability:90 - Command line error: Switch "-k" is not allowed.

Usage: map [-bp] [-c [<packfactor:0,100>]] [-cm <covermode>] [-detail]
[-equivalent_register_removal on|off] [-global_opt off|power|speed|area]
[-ignore_keep_hierarchy] [-intstyle ise|xflow|silent] [-ir [off|place|all]]
[-ise <iseProjectFile>] [-l] [-lc off|area|auto] [-logic_opt off|on] [-ntd] [-o
<outfile[.ncd]>] [-ol std|med|high] [-p <partname>] [-power off|on]
[-activityfile <activityfile[.vcd|.saif]>] [-pr off|i|o|b]
[-register_duplication [off|on]] [-retiming off|on] [-smartguide <guide[.ncd]>]
[-t <costtable:1,100>] [-timing] [-tx on|off|aggressive|limit] [-u] [-w] [-x]
[-xe c|n] <infile[.ngd]> [<prffile[.pcf]>]
File 'c:/Verilog_Tutorials/my_designs/Example1/gates2/implement/ver1/rev1/map.ncd' does not exist.
MAP failed.
Implementation ver1->rev1 Failed.

Xilinx Employee

Re: Portability Error:90

[You should proably have posted this to the Implementation board since it doesn't involve synthesis.]

the -k option was a valid map option through ISE 10.1.03i, which controlled how input functions got mapped into CLBs. You can see the details in the 10.1 Development Systems Reference Guide:

http://toolbox.xilinx.com/docsan/xilinx10/books/docs/dev/dev.pdf (Development System Reference Guide)

This option does not appear to be supported in 11.1's map according to the 11.1 documentation.

I believe Aldec has a set of TCL files or other similar method that specify the interface between ActiveHDL and the ISE back-end tools - I believe they call this the "Design Flow Manager" You should check with them to see if they have updates for 11.1 or if there is a method to disable the passing of the -k switch.

Optionally - you could always use ISE for implementation in Project Navigator or batch mode flow to temporarily bypass ActiveHDL here.

bt

Hi,

I am having the same problem with the "-k" switch.  Did you find the solution for it yet?

Thank you

Xilinx Employee

As Tim said, the -k map switch was deprecated in 11.1. If ProjNav is creating a command line with this switch in 11.1 or later then I would suspect that there is an install problem or environment setting issue that is mixing an older version of ProjNav with a newer map executable.