UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor juanzemanate
Visitor

Power of a sequence of bits (LFSR)

Jump to solution

Hi people.

I want to implement the LFSR block of System Generator on a FPGA (SPARTAN 6) in order to generate a sequence of binary numbers. So I'd like to know what voltage or power I can get for each bit.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor juanzemanate
Visitor

Re: Power of a sequence of bits (LFSR)

Jump to solution

Austin,

I meant to the Internal voltage to the device, and you given me the answer, the bits of the LFSR will work with Vccint=1.2 V or 0 Volts, in my case (Spartan 6 XC6SLX16).

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

j,

Voltage? Power?  I do not understand the question.  Internal to the device, all voltages are the Vccint voltage, or 0 volts (1 or 0 logically).  To estimate power, use the Xlinx Power Estimator (XPE).  Estimating power of small elements will lead to such small numbers that it will be very hard to even see the power.  Best power estimation is performed ont he total design.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xilinx.com%2Fproducts%2Fdesign_tools%2Flogic_design%2Fxpe.htm&ei=lYkTUojdDqT2iwLj74H4DQ&usg=AFQjCNEp-HoiA4mXalRA4cmUcdnfCmxqsQ&bvm=bv.5095...

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Visitor juanzemanate
Visitor

Jump to solution
Thanks for your reply Austin. This tool could help me with my design.
0 Kudos
Visitor juanzemanate
Visitor

Jump to solution

Austin,

I meant to the Internal voltage to the device, and you given me the answer, the bits of the LFSR will work with Vccint=1.2 V or 0 Volts, in my case (Spartan 6 XC6SLX16).

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

@juanzemanate wrote:

inside the FPGA, the exact voltages which represent logic levels are irrelevant. As long as the core supply is correct, you get the logic you expect.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos