cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

[Pwropt 34-321] HACOOException: Too many fanin/fanouts in design, exiting pwropt. You can change this limit with the param pwropt.maxFaninFanoutToNetRatio

Jump to solution

Hello

I am using VIVADO 2018.3 . Design optimisation stops and I get following message :

[Pwropt 34-321] HACOOException: Too many fanin/fanouts in design, exiting pwropt. You can change this limit with the param pwropt.maxFaninFanoutToNetRatio.

I started to get this message when I removed from my memory block the safety logic. i do not use RSTA_BUSY signal, so i got a warning about unused signal. tried to remove that but now optimisation fails.

What is the best way to proceed? take back the unused RSTA_Busy or try to set the param as indicated in the vivado message. How can I change the param and what shoul be a reasonable value.?

Regards,  skor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @skor 

The error is caused by a threshold limit being exceeded. For a net, the number of total fanin or fanout is greater than 1000. I would suggest setting this to 2000, and then 5000.

set_param pwropt.maxFaninFanoutToNetRatio 2000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi @skor 

The error is caused by a threshold limit being exceeded. For a net, the number of total fanin or fanout is greater than 1000. I would suggest setting this to 2000, and then 5000.

set_param pwropt.maxFaninFanoutToNetRatio 2000

View solution in original post

0 Kudos