cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonykaravidas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: ERROR:Place:1108

Like the OP, I'm also using  ISE 14.7 in the design of an XC6SLX9-2tqg144, and I'm getting an error that doesn't make sense.

ERROR:Place:1108 - A clock IOB / BUFGMUX clock component pair have been found
   that are not placed at an optimal clock IOB / BUFGMUX site pair. The clock
   IOB component <configin> is placed at site <P74>. The corresponding BUFG
   component <configin_BUFGP/BUFG> is placed at site <BUFGMUX_X2Y1>. There is
   only a select set of IOBs that can use the fast path to the Clocker buffer,
   and they are not being used. You may want to analyze why this problem exists
   and correct it. If this sub optimal condition is acceptable for this design,
   you may use the CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE constraint in the .ucf file to demote
   this message to a WARNING and allow your design to continue. However, the use
   of this override is highly discouraged as it may lead to very poor timing
   results. It is recommended that this error condition be corrected in the
   design. A list of all the COMP.PINs used in this clock placement rule is
   listed below. These examples can be used directly in the .ucf file to
   override this clock rule.
   < NET "configin" CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE = FALSE; >

P74 has  a 3 pin jumper on it, and I use it as a simple configuration to switch some internal signals to a set of debug pins. Nothing fast is going on P74, it's static. Why would ISE think it's a clock? I've also gotten this in the past on a reset line, and used this to suppress it: #NET "reset_n" CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE = FALSE;

But today I've commented out this reset_n line, and it doesn't appear to be causing an error any more.

Any comments on the configin issue??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

It can be the BUFG instance on the reset path which is making the tool to this it is a clock net.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
tonykaravidas
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for your reply. What instructed the tool to put a BUFG component on that pin? How can I tell it to NOT do that?

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can use buffer_type attribute to prevent insertion of BUFG. Refer to page-356 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_1/xst_v6s6.pdf

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos