cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Red words at I/O Std settings

I'm mow learning and developing zynq XC7Z007-400CLG board.

at the synthesis or Imprementation, I wrote XDC file and set to LVCMOS33 for bank34.

The synthesis and Implementation was success but still red words at IO Std.

What means this red words?

P.S.

I watched this forums and I know the astarisks means not default state on the pin. I set LCVMOS33 to bank34 and this is not default. So that astarisks don't mean any error, but red words appeared even if set default LCVMOS18  to all bank34's pin.

6B983916-0EDD-44ED-BB51-AA504EC13E99.jpeg
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Red words at I/O Std settings

Hi @drb_28 ,

The red word can appear in case of default IOSTANDARD also, In the I/O Ports window, the word default is displayed in red to indicate that these values must be applied manually. 

Please check page no.38 of below link:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug899-vivado-io-clock-planning.pdf

Thanks,

Raj

Highlighted

Thank you so much!

I got it about red word's mean.

However, Let me ask you one more question.

I set these pin's IO Standard by XDC file manually.

Is it correct that the default I/O Standard is always written by red even if the pin is set manually

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @drb_28 ,

I didn't got your query, means why we need to set the default IOSTANDARD through xdc if it is already set to default?

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@rshekhaw 

I agree with @drb_28  that something seems to be wrong with the "red words" in the "IO Port" window of Vivado v2019.2.

As you say, when we forget to specify IOSTANDARD then we get the "red word" default as shown below.
IO_Ports2.jpg

However, sometimes all the words in the I/O Std column are red as shown below.  This behavior appears to be a bug.  I hope you can submit a CR to fix this.
IO_Ports1.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

markg@prosensing.com 

YES!! That is exactly what I want to know!

I appriciate your supprimentary explanation!

@rshekhaw 

I just started developing with vivado from ver. 2019.2. So I don't know this "red words" condition.

However, I think something seems to be wrong with our pictures situations and your/other document's situations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

markg@prosensing.com , thanks for the explanation, i will definetly check that and accordingly report it.

@drb_28 , i guess for now you can ignore the coloring. If in case there is issue with wrongly IO standard set, the tool will anyway through a DRC on that later in flow.

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

0 Kudos