Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Resources Estimination of FFT7.1

Hy,

I want to estiminate the resources of the individual architectures of the FFT7.1 block, in the xilinx Blockset. Is there any method to do that? When I try to use the "resource estiminator"-Block, the result always is 43 IOBs.

Regards Jan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It sounds like you're trying to use sysgen, is that correct?

In any case, I would recommend looking at the map report to get exact numbers.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

You are right, I´m using sysgen. 

I tried to look for the map report. I exported the design as a pcore, then imported the pcore into ISE Design Suite.

To look at the map report, I think I must Implement the design there, but there always appear an error.

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
'fast_fourier_transform_7_1/xfft_v7_1_f93e48cf6c87e29c_instance' with type
'xfft_v7_1_f93e48cf6c87e29c' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling
can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch between the block
name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol
'xfft_v7_1_f93e48cf6c87e29c' is not supported in target 'virtex5'.

What can I do to see the map report?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Something is confusing here.

You say you imported the pcore into ISE design suite, but that's not the flow. pcores get imported into XPS. Depending on what you are doing, there could be a couple reasons for that error.

Anyway, you can just run through the bitstream compilation flow in sysgen to get the map report.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

I tried to import the Core into ISE, because I thought that I can look für the ressources there. I want to compair the particular architectures, whitch are possible in the FFT7.1 Block, refering to pointsize etc. 

When I export the model as a pcore, i can´t find data in the netlist, or pcores folder, where I can see how much resources are needed. When I´d import the core in XPS and run throught the bit stream compilation for each setting, it would take about a month to find out the ressources for each particular setting and architecture... 

Is there any method to find those things out, without wasting so much time?

Regards Jan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Jan,

Well when you export as a pcore, it just converts the model into source code; it doesn't do any synthesis/implementation.

Well the datasheet has resource estimates for many different configurations of the core. Also, coregen has a 'resource estimates' tab that can be used.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos