UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor net.worker
Visitor

Slice type report

Jump to solution

Hello,

how can I produce a report in which I can see exactly how many of the different slice types (SLICEX, SLICEL, SLICEM) are occupied by my design? In the MAP report, only the sum of all slice types is reported. This is on Spartan 6 with ISE.

The background of my question is the following:

• There is one large address multiplexer structure in all the designs I have at the moment. It is a frequent source of timing worries as it has 15 logic levels and is constrained to 125 MHz, but cannot really be touched at this stage.
  • A new central core block uses lots of wide combinatorial logic (dynamic counters with compares).
  • Now I see that the address multiplexer will not come out with clean timing, although the new core has (almost) no violations.
  • My guessing is that the new core uses more SLICELs than the previous cores, which would otherwise help implementing the wide mux. Does this make sense?

So, it would be nice to get the slice type report to find out what the problem really might be. But I might also start thinking about how to improve that legacy mux...

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Slice type report

Jump to solution

An easier way would be to import your ncd with Planahead or Vivado. and check the utilization. Please see the highlighted picture

forums.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

An easier way would be to import your ncd with Planahead or Vivado. and check the utilization. Please see the highlighted picture

forums.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor net.worker
Visitor

Jump to solution
Nice tip. I got the resource estimation out of PlanAhead.

My problem was on the other hand solved in the meantime by SmartXPlorer with synthesis variation. :-)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks. Glad that smartxplorer helped. :)

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks. Glad that smartxplorer helped. :)

0 Kudos