UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SmartXplorer Translate (ngdbuild) options

Jump to solution

Hi all,

with (ISE) SmartXplorer it is possible to run different MAP/PAR strategies in parallel. After the synthesis, smartxplorer applies a Translate (ngdbuild) and the result of translation is used for all MAP/PAR strategies.

Is it possible to give smartXplorer some options for the ngdbuild process? In my case, I want to use the

-bm <my_bram_structure.bmm>

option (which is a ngdbuild option if i call ngdbuild directly). How to do this with smartyplorer?

Best regards!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SmartXplorer Translate (ngdbuild) options

Jump to solution

Hi @s9445855

You can give seperate command for translate (ngdbuild) and pass the required switches before using the smartxplorer command.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s9445855

Have you tried specifying this switch in Translate properties?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi vemulad,

Thanks for your response. I suppose you mean a switch in a GUI?

I am working on command line and tried to add the -bm directly to the smartyplorer call. This was not successful.

I need a solution for a command line call of smartxplorer.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s9445855

You can give seperate command for translate (ngdbuild) and pass the required switches before using the smartxplorer command.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

You are right. I was not aware that smartxplorer is able to take ngd as input, I only used the xst generated ncd so far.

Thank you!

0 Kudos