UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TCL Command to get Current Active Implementation

Jump to solution

All:

I'm trying to write a TCL script to rename .bit files with a revision number.  I need a way for Vivado to tell me the name of the active implementation.  For example, if my active implementation is impl_5, I need to know this so I can find the correct .bit file.  Is there a way for a Vivado TCL script to get the currently active implementation name?

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: TCL Command to get Current Active Implementation

Jump to solution

Hi @marvinscheinbart

You can use tcl command current_run -implementation to achieve this.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @marvinscheinbart

You can use tcl command current_run -implementation to achieve this.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi @marvinscheinbart,

Check if this XAPP1232 helps in your application: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1232-bitstream-id-with-usr_access.pdf

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thakurr:

This worked great.  That's all I needed.

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Prathikm:

This was great information but it doesn't help.  I need to modify the .bit file name so it can be checked into our revision control system.  The file name allow for easy identification of the correct file.

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos