cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TCL Command to get Current Active Implementation

Jump to solution

All:

I'm trying to write a TCL script to rename .bit files with a revision number.  I need a way for Vivado to tell me the name of the active implementation.  For example, if my active implementation is impl_5, I need to know this so I can find the correct .bit file.  Is there a way for a Vivado TCL script to get the currently active implementation name?

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @marvinscheinbart

You can use tcl command current_run -implementation to achieve this.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @marvinscheinbart

You can use tcl command current_run -implementation to achieve this.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @marvinscheinbart,

Check if this XAPP1232 helps in your application: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1232-bitstream-id-with-usr_access.pdf

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

thakurr:

This worked great.  That's all I needed.

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Prathikm:

This was great information but it doesn't help.  I need to modify the .bit file name so it can be checked into our revision control system.  The file name allow for easy identification of the correct file.

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos