UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Tandem PCIe with field updates in zynq XCZU19EG

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm working with zynq device XCZU19EG enabling 'Tandem PCIe with field updates'. I have many user I/O in the design assigned in bank 65,which are not related to PCIe. With reference to PG213, page no. 113, by using OBUFTDS, I tried to declare those pins as output pins in bank 65. But I'm getting placement failed saying the following error.

image.png

Is it possible to use user I/O pins with OBUFT in bank 65 or my declaration is wrong?

Please help on this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Tandem PCIe with field updates in zynq XCZU19EG

Jump to solution

Hi @sumaiya

The PERSIST constraint looks to be set here. Looking at the below AR, this is not needed for Tandem PCIe.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56453.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sumaiya 

The image did not successfully attach. Can you add the text of the error? 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @marcb,

The error is as follows: 

[DRC HDTC-10] Config banks not available to second stage I/O: For Tandem PROM flow, second stage I/O 'OBUFTDS_inst_1' can not use configuration bank '65'.

[DRC HDTC-10] Config banks not available to second stage I/O: For Tandem PROM flow, second stage I/O 'OBUFTDS_inst_2' can not use configuration bank '65'.

[DRC HDTC-10] Config banks not available to second stage I/O: For Tandem PROM flow, second stage I/O 'mpsoc_bd_pin_check_i/clk_wiz_0/inst/clkin1_ibufds/DIFFINBUF_INST' can not use configuration bank '65'.

[DRC HDTC-10] Config banks not available to second stage I/O: For Tandem PROM flow, second stage I/O 'mpsoc_bd_pin_check_i/clk_wiz_0/inst/clkin1_ibufds/IBUFCTRL_INST' can not use configuration bank '65'.

• [Vivado_Tcl 4-23] Error(s) found during DRC. Placer not run.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sumaiya

The PERSIST constraint looks to be set here. Looking at the below AR, this is not needed for Tandem PCIe.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56453.html

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @marcb,

I'm doing project in Project flow mode. After setting PERSIST to false, I can able to generate bitstream. Earlier bitstream was generated without any errors. After enabling 'Tandem PCIe with field updates' in PCIe block of the design (Note: 'Tandem PCIe with field updates' can be worked only in non-project flow mode), I'm getting

ERROR: [Place 30-681] Sub-optimal placement for a global clock-capable IO pin and MMCM pair. As a workaround for this error, please insert a BUFG in between the IO and the MMCM.

After inserting buffer, 

ERROR: [place 30-675] set_property clock_dedicated_route false get_nets clk is occuring. 

But the above procedure is not advisable as shown in the tool. So, my question

1. Is enabling 'Tandem PCIe with field updates' in project-flow mode is wrong? 

2. Is it a standard way to complete the design by following the above procedures which are not advisable? Will my execution affect because of this? 

3. Input clock is already located in GC pin. Do I need to re-locate the clock to other GC Pin as it creates placement error with the current pin?  

Please guide me through this.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sumaiya 

Could you list the entire message, or maybe post the log? There is a section below what you showed which contains the relavant cells and physical sites. This information is crucial for resolving these errors.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @marcb,

What log do you require?

How will I get it? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sumaiya 

The log file would contain the error you are concerned with:

ERROR: [place 30-675] set_property clock_dedicated_route false get_nets clk is occuring.

For project mode designs, this would be in the <project_name>/.runs/<impl_run>/runme.log file, and normally for non-project mode designs, the vivado.log would contain this. It could be in a separte file if you have scripted the flow in such a way as to generate multiple log files. 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi @marcb

Thanks for your reply.

Clock issue has been resolved. 

Can you please help me with the following queries?

1. I'm able to generate two Bitstreams (stage 1 & stage 2) by enabling 'TANDEM PCIE WITH FIELD UPDATES' using xdma IP in project flow mode. In xilinx demo video, it has been mentioned that 'TANDEM PCIE WITH FIELD UPDATES' doesn't support project flow mode. Is my procedure wrong while generating Bitstream for tandem pcie with field updates in project flow mode? Will it work if I proceed further? Or we can work on 'TANDEM PCIE WITH FIELD UPDATES' only in non-project flow mode? 

Can you please help me which is the best way to implement 'TANDEM PCIE WITH FIELD UPDATES'?  

Xilinx demo video link for 'TANDEM PCIE WITH FIELD UPDATES' 

https://youtu.be/KZI8aogXcCA

This video walks through the process of creating a PCI Express solution that uses the Tandem with Field Updates flow when using the AXI Bridge for PCI Express Gen3 Subsystem. The Tandem part of the flow allows for the PCIe block to be visible in less than 100ms and the Field Update means designs ...
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sumaiya 

Please start a new post. New posts should be started for every separate topic discussed. This is going on the third different topic.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Okay, Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos