UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer bzuiss
Observer

Ultrascale + Implementation Strategies

Jump to solution

I have a design on a multi-SLR part with high UltraRAM utilization. (80%+)

Of the numerous implementation strategies, and routing options which would be best suited for this use case?

I am currently utilizing Congestion_SSI_SpreadLogic_High/Low with Vivado 2018.1.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Ultrascale + Implementation Strategies

Jump to solution

Hi @bzuiss.

Along with Strategies, you might want to consider running report_qor_suggestions to see if there is anything reported that can help with the quality of results.

I would suggest trying different place_design directives which can be set individually for each run. Specifically to prioritize Block RAM placement there is the EarlyBlockPlacement, and WLDrivenBlockPlacement. Also for SSI designs, there are several SSI_* directives. The full list can be found with the "place_design -help" command.

Also, the place_design -fanout_opt is not enabled by default in 2018.1 (it is for 2018.2), so I would suggest adding this as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Ultrascale + Implementation Strategies

Jump to solution

Hi @bzuiss.

Along with Strategies, you might want to consider running report_qor_suggestions to see if there is anything reported that can help with the quality of results.

I would suggest trying different place_design directives which can be set individually for each run. Specifically to prioritize Block RAM placement there is the EarlyBlockPlacement, and WLDrivenBlockPlacement. Also for SSI designs, there are several SSI_* directives. The full list can be found with the "place_design -help" command.

Also, the place_design -fanout_opt is not enabled by default in 2018.1 (it is for 2018.2), so I would suggest adding this as well.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.