cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

[Vivado: 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property

I have connected a single ended input signal to an n-type E26(IO_L17N_T2_A13_D29_14) pin in Bank 14 of Kintex-7 FPGA. This input signal is routed to a deserializer macro (1:10) inside the design. The design fails in the implementation stage with this warning (attached snapshot). I tried connecting the signal to a P-type pin, which results in successful implementation, however the pin for this input signal is fixed to E26, i need to find out a way to perform successful implementation. Suggestions are awaited.

Capture1.JPG
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Vivado: 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property

This issue can occur due to incorrect use of IBUFDS_GTE2 for MRCCs.

When differential clocks are coming from MRCCs or SRCCs, IBUFGDS/IBUFDS should be used, not an IBUFDS_GTE2.

The problem can be resolved by replacing the IBUFDS_GTE2 with an IBUFGDS/IBUFDS.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @pooja.yadav

Are you changing the package pins input to p type in xdc? If yes, try adding this command after input port is set to p type package pin:

set_property IS_LOC_FIXED true [get_ports <port_name>]

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @pooja.yadav

Are you cascading ISERDES and OSERDES by any chance?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Rohit,

I am not changing package pins input to p type. Since the input signal is a single ended signal, I am simply connected it to E26 using LVCMOS25 standard. The input has to be connected to E26 which is an n-type.

Attached snapshot from xdc file.

Capture2.JPG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

No. I am not cascading ISERDES and OSERDES.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Balkrishan,

I haven't used any differential clocks/inputs in my design. I am not sure where you are referring to use IBUFDS/IBUFGDS.
0 Kudos