Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2016.1 inout termination/new DRC Error

Jump to solution

I have a Zynq based design that brings out the SPI through EMIO and the IO1 and SS bidirectional signals are unused. In previous versions of Vivado I was able to connect these ports to dummy signals and build without any trouble; however, I just updated to Vivado 2016.1 and am now getting the following DRC errors:

[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (NDRV-1) Driverless Nets - Net arm/spi_0_io1_i, arm/spi_0_ss_i are undriven.
[DRC 23-20] Rule violation (RTSTAT-6) Partial conflict - 3 net(s) have a partial conflict. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are arm/spi_0_io1_i, arm/spi_0_ss_i, GLOBAL_LOGIC0.

What is the proper method for terminating the unused bidirectional dignals from the Block Design in Vivado 2016.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2016.1 inout termination/new DRC Error

Jump to solution

There was a change in the behavior while dealing with driveless signals. Can you put a dont_touch on these unused dummy signals? There is a bug filed (CR 935451)

That will help you workaorund this for now. Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

There was a change in the behavior while dealing with driveless signals. Can you put a dont_touch on these unused dummy signals? There is a bug filed (CR 935451)

That will help you workaorund this for now. Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the workaround Sikta. I haven't tested it yet since I've already reverted to an older version of Vivado, but I'll consider the problem solved.

-Dan

0 Kudos