UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jkk@ms3e.dk
Visitor

Vivado stuck in implementation phase 4.1.1

Jump to solution

Hi,

Vivado (1016.04) implementation sometimes gets stuck in route_design (-directive default) during phase 4.1.1 even though there is no indications on any problems. It never continues after this message:

Phase 4.1.1 Update Timing
Phase 4.1.1 Update Timing | Checksum: 2ed6bd8c0

Time (s): cpu = 00:27:51 ; elapsed = 00:17:09 . Memory (MB): peak = 4908.734 ; gain = 390.227
INFO: [Route 35-416] Intermediate Timing Summary | WNS=0.077 | TNS=0.000 | WHS=-0.163 | THS=-17.992|

Does anyone know what causes this and is there any solution/workaround?

Br. Jacob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor jkk@ms3e.dk
Visitor

Re: Vivado stuck in implementation phase 4.1.1

Jump to solution

Hi Syed,

I couldn't find a proper solution so I rolled back my latest updates and re-implemented which actually solved the problem. I am unsure what caused the problem but the problem went away after re-implementation.

Br. Jacob

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Jump to solution

The THS value of -17.992 indicates you have a lot of hold violations, perhaps many hundreds of them, and the router may be stuck trying to resolve them.   I suggest that you review your clocking structure, especially verifying that you have clock buffers in the right places.   Look in the synthesis log for warnings about this, that may help pinpoint the problem.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.

Jump to solution

jkk@ms3e.dk,

did you fix hold violation? Are you still seeing the tool hang during routing?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor jkk@ms3e.dk
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Syed,

I couldn't find a proper solution so I rolled back my latest updates and re-implemented which actually solved the problem. I am unsure what caused the problem but the problem went away after re-implementation.

Br. Jacob

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

jkk@ms3e.dk,

Compare the log and utilization report file with and without latest updates which caused an increase in runtime.

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos
Visitor jkk@ms3e.dk
Visitor

Jump to solution

I unfortunately deleted the log without the latest updates... I'll close the subject.

Thanks for the inputs.

0 Kudos