UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lymanhorne
Visitor

Vivado warning [Shape Builder 18-126]

Jump to solution

I am receiving the following critical warning during design initialization in Vivado 2013.2:

[Shape Builder 18-126] Incremental shape update failed because no IO shape exists for instance <name of an obuf>

This started when I placed (* iob = "true" *) on the registers for timing critical outputs that run through these obufs to a DAC.

The design is working, how can I stop these warnings for occurring?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor lymanhorne
Visitor

Re: Vivado warning [Shape Builder 18-126]

Jump to solution

This worked, although the tool said the command was deprecated so I had to change it to

set_msg_config -id "Shape Builder 18-126" -new_severity WARNING

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I've found a CR that's a good match for the problem you describe although it says the problem has been fixed in 2013.2. It does mention that you'll need to rerun from synthesis after upgrading to 2013.2. Were you seeing this problem in an earlier release and then upgraded?

You can downgrade the message severity with this TCL command:

set_msg_severity "Shape Builder 18-126" WARNING

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor lymanhorne
Visitor

Jump to solution

This worked, although the tool said the command was deprecated so I had to change it to

set_msg_config -id "Shape Builder 18-126" -new_severity WARNING

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Visitor lymanhorne
Visitor

Jump to solution

In answer to your question regarding the upgrade to 2013.2, this problem appeared after I had used 2013.2 for some time. I had run from synthesis multiple times, then I added the (* iob = "true" *), then the warning appeared.

0 Kudos
Visitor toopw
Visitor

Jump to solution

I also get the same critical warning when implementing a design containing an SPI Flash module created by IP Integrator and with Vivado version 2013.2:

[Shape Builder 18-126] Incremental shape update failed because no IO shape exists for instance u_dpsvio/u_ctrl/dpsvio_i/spi_flash_mosi_iobuf/OBUFT.

[Shape Builder 18-126] Incremental shape update failed because no IO shape exists for instance u_dpsvio/u_ctrl/dpsvio_i/spi_flash_mosi_iobuf/IBUF.

Earlier I also see the following critical warning which seems to be related to (or even causes?) the above messages:

[Place 30-73] Invalid constraint on register 'QSPI_LEGACY_MD_GEN.QSPI_CORE_INTERFACE_I/LOGIC_FOR_MD_0_GEN.SPI_MODULE_I/SPI_TRISTATE_CONTROL_IV'. It has the property IOB=TRUE, but it is not driving or driven by any IO element.

Is lowering the severity of this warning currently the only way to get rid of this (blocking?) message?

0 Kudos