UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer daldoul
Observer

WARNING:Pack:2549 ?

Hi all,

I am getting a weird message about my register not getting packed...can someone tell me what cause it?

WARNING:Pack:2549 - The register "USER_SMA_GPIO_N" has the property IOB=TRUE,
   but was not packed into the OLOGIC component. The output signal for register
   symbol USER_SMA_GPIO_N requires general routing to fabric, but the register
   can only be routed to ILOGIC, IODELAY, and IOB.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: WARNING:Pack:2549 ?

It's telling you that you asked to have this register implemented in the IOB, but you have feedback

from its output into the fabric.  For some reason (possibly register duplication is not enabled) the

tools did not duplicate this register to allow internal feedback from the duplicate.  If you really want

to have this register in the IOB, you may need to explicitly code another register to use for feedback.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: WARNING:Pack:2549 ?

d,

Are you trying to put one half of a differential signal into OLOGIC?  Have you read up on what the OLOGIC block is, and what it does.

Differential signals are the outputs of an IOB (already).  So the output of that register in the IOB is two pins, _P, and _N.

Perhaps you have a duplicate name for a net?  Something is mispelled?

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos