cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesleytaylor
Adventurer
Adventurer

Warning [Power 33-218] MMCM/PLL RST...Why?

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I'm getting the following Warning during implementation

[Power 33-218] MMCM/PLL RST static_probability should be either 0 or 1, power analysis is using 0 by default. Use 'set_switching_activity -static_probability 1 -signal_rate 0 [get _nets *mysignal*]' to set the static_probability to '1' if desired.

I don't even know if this is an issue or not, but what I would like to know is what does this mean? In layman terms please

typing help set_switching_activity in the tcl console says this is to do with power estimation...so does this have any impact on the real world application? Can this warning be ignored?

Regards,

Wesley.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This is only used for power analysis, to determine how often this signal is in a particular state.

One way to suppress the warning would be to add the recommended constraint to an XDC file.

For active low resets, the -static_probability should be '1', while active-high resets should have '0'. Otherwise the power will be reported against a design assumed to be held in reset.

For more details on set_switching_activity pelase refer to pageno:1221 of this below userguide.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_3/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This is only used for power analysis, to determine how often this signal is in a particular state.

One way to suppress the warning would be to add the recommended constraint to an XDC file.

For active low resets, the -static_probability should be '1', while active-high resets should have '0'. Otherwise the power will be reported against a design assumed to be held in reset.

For more details on set_switching_activity pelase refer to pageno:1221 of this below userguide.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_3/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos