UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor wavewu
Visitor

Write verilog netlist after vivado implementation

Hi 

I am using vivado 2018.1 version, running experiment on our IP design.

After implemenation, I'd like to wrtie a verilog netlist to compare with netlist I exported after synthesis.

what is the correct command?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Write verilog netlist after vivado implementation

Please reference the Vivado Design Suite Tcl Command Reference Guide (UG835; v2019.1).  Specifically, view the command write_verilog.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @wavewu 

If the post from miker was helpful, can you mark this as a accepted solution? This would help others who are looking for the same information. If not, please update the thread with any clarifications.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor wavewu
Visitor

I still have question about synthesis and implemenation.

After synthesis, I have a timing vioaltion about -2.45ns in one clock domain (phy_clk is a primary input port), I wrote out the netlist wiht write_verilog -mode design syn_netlist.v

After running implmenation, when running timing summary, I could not find the clock paths in phy_clk domain any more. When written in netlist with write_verilog, the netlist shows no IBUF instantiated, and the phy_clk goes to lower level modules becomes unconnected. What might cause the discrepency between synthesis and implmenation. the constraints used for both are the same. 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @wavewu 

Pease start a new post as this is a new topic.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos