Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Write verilog netlist after vivado implementation

Hi 

I am using vivado 2018.1 version, running experiment on our IP design.

After implemenation, I'd like to wrtie a verilog netlist to compare with netlist I exported after synthesis.

what is the correct command?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Write verilog netlist after vivado implementation

Please reference the Vivado Design Suite Tcl Command Reference Guide (UG835; v2019.1).  Specifically, view the command write_verilog.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @wavewu 

If the post from miker was helpful, can you mark this as a accepted solution? This would help others who are looking for the same information. If not, please update the thread with any clarifications.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I still have question about synthesis and implemenation.

After synthesis, I have a timing vioaltion about -2.45ns in one clock domain (phy_clk is a primary input port), I wrote out the netlist wiht write_verilog -mode design syn_netlist.v

After running implmenation, when running timing summary, I could not find the clock paths in phy_clk domain any more. When written in netlist with write_verilog, the netlist shows no IBUF instantiated, and the phy_clk goes to lower level modules becomes unconnected. What might cause the discrepency between synthesis and implmenation. the constraints used for both are the same. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @wavewu 

Pease start a new post as this is a new topic.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos