UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

XPS project: ngdbuild 455 - MIRQ line ends up with 2 drivers

I am trying to find out what causes this error:

ERROR:NgdBuild:455 - logical net 'plb_linux_Sl_MIRQ<40>' has multiple driver(s):
     pin G on block interconnect_0/XST_GND with type GND,
     pin G on block tft_bridge_0/XST_GND with type GND

Interconnect_0 is a custom peripheral which connects to 'plb_linux' and through a custom interconnect connects to an AXI bus. This bus is connected to a MIG generated memory controller. Without the DVI IP this works.

When we add the DVI IP 'xps_tft' it gets a PLB bus, a Xilinx PLB to AXI bridge and it is connected to the same AXI bus as the 'interconnect_0' component in order to access the memory.

We then get the error message during ngdbuild as posted above. In the system level and wrapper VHDL files from the 'hdl' folder it seems like plb_linux_Sl_MIRQ pin 40 is only assigned once so it seems like this is an issue happening inside the tools.

Is there something else I can look into?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: XPS project: ngdbuild 455 - MIRQ line ends up with 2 drivers

These errors can occur when the netlists created are synthesized with the option to include I/O buffers. The default option for XST is "Add I/O buffers". If all of the I/O signals for this block already have IBUFs and OBUFs, when you try to include the block into the EDK design, PlatGen places additional I/O buffers. The errors will then occur because there are two sets of buffers (multiple drivers).  

To work around this issue, uncheck the option and resynthesize the design, as follows: 

1. Open your IP project in ISE. 
2. Right-click on Synthesize - XST. 
3. Select Properties. 
4. Select Xilinx Specific Options. 
5. Deselect Add I/O Buffers. 
6. Select OK. 
7. Resynthesize your design.

0 Kudos