UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

can't generate Bitstream : vivado 2013.4

Jump to solution

hello,

i have the same problem ( windows 7 64 bits, vivado 2013.4 )

i restart many time , vivado, i update a new license , but the same problem repeat again and again, 

failed in genarate Bitstream ( the step before it, go without any problem ), just i need the bitstream, to add it when i lunch the SDK ?

anyone have idea

thank you

My blog : www.xilinx-video.blogspot.com
Screenshot_1.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: can't generate Bitstream : vivado 2013.4

Jump to solution

hello 

it's work, the generation of BitStream is done with success

when i repeat the project, i found that i forget some output name, ( i pass without modification), also i found that there is some instruction in the *.v file, i didn't instanciate the module into the System_wrapper.v file 

and about the specification of the setting ( Led output ), there is no wrang, when i turn to 3.3 v as a voltage ( isn't the source of the error ) 

the number of the led, it's shown as more then 8 ( on the boad there is 8 leds), because of the forget of the instanciation (  Output Led [7:0] LEDS;  ( if i add this instruction in the *.v file ), in tge port i/o planing , we will fount this number.

so i think the problem isn't from the license or otherthing, just it's a forget of some instructions 

thank you again for your support, and i will marque this post as a solution

Screenshot_11.jpg

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,
Can you please attach your license file?
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

What are the errors you face during bitstream generation?

Check the log and copy the error messages here.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The bwelow user guides can guide you well

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals_j/xilinx2013_4/ug936-vivado-tutorial-programming-debugging.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Do you still see have the bitstream generation issue?

Please share the log so that we can review it and suggest you.

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

hello,

yes, i still have a problem with generate Bitstream, ( the implementation is ok ), i try to update the license, but vivado ask me again to make sure about the implementation license

check here the log message : http://pastebin.com/njXQFSi5 

thank you

Screenshot_4.jpg

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

hello again, 

i think , the problem isn't come from the license, but with a violence use of a pin I/o an also power stting for board

check here

Screenshot_5.jpg

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi,

Have you defined all the IO standard of the ports. If not then please define the IO standards.

The error message is to notify customers that they need to set IOSTANDARD and LOCs in order to protect devices from accidental damage that could be caused by the tools randomly choosing a pin location or IOSTANDARD without knowledge of the board voltage or connections.

For example:

If a pin is tied to ground on a board and ISE Design Suite chooses this pin as an output that is driving high, this causes contention.
If you have a termination scheme on the board for a pin that is the HSTL or SSTL recommended termination and ISE Design Suite chooses LVCMOS18 (default), the signal integrity of the signal will be less than optimal.
The default I/O standard for the 7 Series is LVCMOS18 for single-ended signals for all banks, the default I/O standard was LVCMOS25 in previous architectures.

As the message indicates, the error can be down graded to a warning by using the following constraints

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]
set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]

These cannot be set in the XDC file. It is recommended to place the command in a script.tcl file and source this Tcl file inside the project or the larger scripting flow.
Regards,
Harry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

hello,

throw to ZedBoard documentation : check it here  , 

Screenshot_6.jpg

so i fix it, 

Screenshot_7.jpg

i will see later, if it's ok or no

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

hello

thank you for the response, but throw the message, it's not recommanded !

and i can't found the "Standard" value

Screenshot_8.jpg

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The error message doesn't say that the IOSTANDARD that you are targeting is invalid, it states that you are using the default IOSTANDARD. If your design requires to use default IOSTANDARD then use the XDC constraints given by @harry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

same problem

Screenshot_9.jpg

this is the log message: http://pastebin.com/mv16JHHf

thank  you

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi gma-87

can you open the implemented design and verify that these IO still have these I/O standard constraints set?

If not present anymore, can you verify the log-file and look for messages regarding these constraints not being applied?

Can you check your target XDC file and verify if these IOSTANDARD constraints are present?

Best regards

Dries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented by clicking the star next to the post.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Can you please be specific on what you did? Did you

1. Define the IOSTANDARD or LOC of the unconstrained pins

or

2. Included the following commands in xdc

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks NSTD-1]
set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

yes, i include those instruction, i run again, but the same message again :(

any way, i re-create the project, maybe i have a problem in the begin, ( even am sure that all is ok, because all step, finish by success 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please source the attached tcl file to tcl.pre in the Bitstream settings and see if the error is resolved.

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

hello 

it's work, the generation of BitStream is done with success

when i repeat the project, i found that i forget some output name, ( i pass without modification), also i found that there is some instruction in the *.v file, i didn't instanciate the module into the System_wrapper.v file 

and about the specification of the setting ( Led output ), there is no wrang, when i turn to 3.3 v as a voltage ( isn't the source of the error ) 

the number of the led, it's shown as more then 8 ( on the boad there is 8 leds), because of the forget of the instanciation (  Output Led [7:0] LEDS;  ( if i add this instruction in the *.v file ), in tge port i/o planing , we will fount this number.

so i think the problem isn't from the license or otherthing, just it's a forget of some instructions 

thank you again for your support, and i will marque this post as a solution

Screenshot_11.jpg

0 Kudos