UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor levent.ordu
Visitor

elf file association fail

I am implementing a project with MicroBlaze in Vivado 2018.3.

My top module is a VHDL module and a block design is instatiated as a submodule. When I export hardware to SDK and follow the design process in SDK (write C code, build, generate .elf file, program FPGA/Flash) everthing is fine. I dirve a couple of LEDs with MicroBlaze (actually it accesses a peripheral vhdl module), and after programming I see that LEDs are functioning as expected.

But when I tried to associate .elf file in Vivado flow (using "add source" I added the .elf file, then associate it with MicroBlaze, re-run generate bitstream), neither program FPGA nor program Flash method does not work. In this case LEDs are not driven. they do not blink. When I use Vivado Flow, I got following critical warning messages:

Memdata 28-203: ADDRESS_SPACE or ADDRESS_MAP tag name i_MicroBlaze_microblaze_0_U0_microblaze_0 was not found. Some data may have not been trasfered.

Vivado 12-4381: Could not update BRAM init string. Check your elf files and their property settings.

I also make this check: delete the elf file from the project in Vivado flow, and generate the bit file. Then compare it with the one including elf file. And except the creation date and some header fileds, they are same. But when I compare it with the download.bit generated at SDK, there is a big difference near the end of the bit files. So I think that, Vivado could not associate the elf file.

Am I making something wrong, or missed a necessary step?

I am looking forward to your suggestions

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: elf file association fail

0 Kudos
Visitor levent.ordu
Visitor

Re: elf file association fail

Thanks for your answer

Unfortunately I could not retrieve helpfull information from the related thread. In my case, MicroBlaze core has a local memory attached to it. The problem is, that BRAM can not be initialized as far as I understood from the error messages:

When I tried to associate .elf file in Vivado flow (using "add source" I added the .elf file, then associate it with MicroBlaze, re-run generate bitstream), neither program FPGA nor program Flash method does not work. In this case LEDs are not driven. they do not blink. When I use Vivado Flow, I got following critical warning messages:

Memdata 28-203: ADDRESS_SPACE or ADDRESS_MAP tag name i_MicroBlaze_microblaze_0_U0_microblaze_0 was not found. Some data may have not been trasfered.

Vivado 12-4381: Could not update BRAM init string. Check your elf files and their property settings.

0 Kudos