cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

fix routing from pin to reg RTSTAT-5 error

I'd like to fix route from pin through a LUT and then to a reg, in the device window I chose the net and fix routing the nets.

But when I generate bit file there is error.

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

@yearnwaipo,

Are you seeing any error without using FIXED_ROUTE property? Check the following Answer Record to debug the issue:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54795.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53854.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@syedz, when I chose the net in device window and fix routing the net, there is an error.

"Error: [Vivado 12-1406] Cannot mark the 'site' location of instances fixed, Could not find a valid bel"

I have read the "https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54795.html", but it seems can't resolve my problem.

I first unroute and then route the net,  and then I check the DRC, the error still exist.

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

If I comment the fixed_route then I can generate bit file successfully, but that not what I wish to do.

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @yearnwaipo

Did you get the values using get_property ROUTE command on routed design?

Which version of vivado are you using? Can you share the _routed.dcp file?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@vemulad, I use get_property ROUTE, the result is a little different, I don't know why.

The first line is my constraint, the second line is the result of get_property ROUTE [get_nets ...]

I have revised all my constrs the same as the result of get_property ROUTE [get_nets ...], and there is not any change for the error.

What's more, I've add "dont_touch" in the verilog code for the wires and XOR, and it seems no difference.

I use vivado 2015.2 version.

Thank you very much!

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@yearnwaipo,

Not sure how you have applied the property as when I route the design after unset IS_ROUTE_FIXED property and later reapplied IS_ROUTE_FIXED all the nets are successfully routed. I used Vivado 2017.1. 

I was also able to generate the bitstream. 

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@Sye, I use the 2017.1, the error still exist.

Sorry, the last .dcp is the one which I deleted all the FIXED_ROUTE constrs, and it's right.

This routed.dcp attachment is the one with the problem.

I'm very grateful to you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@vemulad, @syedz,  could you give me some suggestion? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos