UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

invisible pll phase change

Jump to solution

Hello

I use Vivado 2016.4 and xcku095-ffvb1760-1c FPGA. I open implemented design and execute next tcl commands to get the first bit-file:

set_property CLKOUT0_PHASE 180.000 [get_cells cm/dmc_pll/pll_base_gen.PLLE3_BASE_inst]

write_checkpoint -force d:/Project/.../topSL_lvcmos_routed.dcp

reset_run impl_8 -prev_step

launch_runs impl_8 -to_step write_bitstream -jobs 2

Then I execute next tcl commands to get the second bit-file with another CLKOUT0_PHASE:

set_property CLKOUT0_PHASE 270.000 [get_cells cm/dmc_pll/pll_base_gen.PLLE3_BASE_inst]

write_checkpoint -force d:/Project/.../topSL_lvcmos_routed.dcp

reset_run impl_8 -prev_step

launch_runs impl_8 -to_step write_bitstream -jobs 2

But both bit-files are identical except date! What is the reason of this? Checkpoints and bit-files attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: invisible pll phase change

Jump to solution

Bit-files are identical because valid phase shifts are in 360 / CLKFBOUT_MULT = 360 / 3 = 120 degree increments. Phase 180 and phase 270 are not possible in this case. DRC not find this violation in the 2016.4.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @taganrog,

When I am running below command after opening both checkpoints I am getting expected values. 

get_property CLKOUT0_PHASE [get_cells cm/dmc_pll/pll_base_gen.PLLE3_BASE_inst]

For first run this command returns 180.000 and for second run, it returns 270.000

So can you share evidence where you observe that difference is not present? Have you tried checking this phase shift on hardware?       

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hello ashishd,

I observe it after comparing bit-files by content in the Total Commander. I attached screenshot.

I haven't  tried checking this phase shift on hardware. It is not possible for a while.

1.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Bit-files are identical because valid phase shifts are in 360 / CLKFBOUT_MULT = 360 / 3 = 120 degree increments. Phase 180 and phase 270 are not possible in this case. DRC not find this violation in the 2016.4.

0 Kudos