UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant pallavi52
Participant

Re: issue with set property in xdc

Jump to solution

also please help me with this another attachment

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@pallavi52 

Thanks for the design. I see the following CW in xdc:

image.png

Warning on LVDS25 is self-explanatory. I would suggest using the IO planner GUI to assign PACKAGE_PIN and IOSTANDARD value. The correct IOSTANDARD value is LVDS_25

The CW on set_property is due to incorrect object specified for get_nets commands. 

There is no net with name "clk_out_IBUFDS" in your design. You can check this by opening synthesized / implemented design and run "get_nets *" which will list all the nets present in your design. 

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump to solution

Hi @pallavi52 ,

In addition to @syedz suggestions, In the shared test3.xpr project, I see that you have specified the IO constraints in the TCL script (script.tcl) that gets used during bitstream generation as you have set the script.tcl file to the tcl.pre of bitstream settings.

Ideally, we should not use the IO constraints after routing the design as it requires the placement of the design again.

The main reason you are seeing the error is due to the set_property constraint present in the script.tcl file. You are specifying the IO constraints on SYS_RST port which is not present in your design. You need to comment on the  LOC and IOSTANDARD constraints present in the script.tcl file to overcome the error during bitstream generation.

Also, I see that there is no logic in your shared design and has only one IBUFDS and one OBUF.

Participant pallavi52
Participant

Jump to solution
Thank you for your reply
The first mistake you had identified is that i should change LVDS25 to LVDS_25, i had already tried in that method, but it is not executed.
The second one is , clk_out_IBUFDS should be used because we had used the differential clock language template here. Meanwhile now you can suggest me any more modifications based on my explaination.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@pallavi52 ,

Please check my last post, after making the mentioned modifications I was able to generate bitstream for test3.xpr project