UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

map issues

Hello...

WARNING:MapLib:701 - Signal rx connected to top level port rx has been removed.

i am getting warring message like this here rx i am using as input thiss input i connected through the onther module . i would have three modules i take the rx pin in top module i connected this pin input to the other sub module.

what i am trying to do is uart communication between the fpga and pc.

below i mention the related verilog files please any body go through my code and try to help me to resolve this thing..

where iam using spartan -3e and xilinx ise tool .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: map issues

it seems like that you haven't assigned a pin to your RX signal in the XDC file.

0 Kudos

tnareshnaresh7@gmail.com 

Add the RTL file for module/primitive fifo which is defined in top module.

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

i added the pin number for the RX signal i don't know where could be the issues
0 Kudos

i just take an fifo ip from the xilinx ip cores. then how would i addRTL file for module/primitive fifo which is defined in top module
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

you didn't assign r_Tx_DV20 signal Wr_en  signal of your FIFO, 

firstly test your code without FIFO by only capturing your rx signal and show it on ILA, and then make change step by step.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I have checked your code twice, Please recheck wr_en of your FIFO, It seems that this signal is tied to 0 and noting write on the FIFO. 

you should check your code without FIFO at first then put the FIFO inside your design to be confident that nothing is being deleted by the synthesizer.

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented. Thanks

0 Kudos