UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor azhiping
Visitor

place_design -cells can't work on Vivado 2013.2

Jump to solution

The intention is to place cells that lies on paths which are critical first onto the floorplan. So what I did is:

place_design -cells [get_cells -of_objects [get_timing_paths -max_paths 10]]

Which is to place cells that lies along the top 10 paths which violates the timing constraints. What I get instead is that Vivado places all the cells of the design. How do I selectively place these cells along timing critical paths?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: place_design -cells can't work on Vivado 2013.2

Jump to solution

place_design -cells  is a new option and I don't know . But I do what you want with another way  as below tcl code demonstrated.

create_pblock  pblock_emi

resize_pblock  pblock_emi  -add CLOCKREGION_X0Y6  :  CLOCKREGION_X1Y8  -locs move_unfixed

add_cells_to_pblock -clear_locs [get_pblocks pblock_emi] [get_cells - of_objects [get_timing_paths -from [get_clocks clk_pll_i] -max_paths 10000000] -filter {NAME =~ "U_dcore/*"}]

nonsense
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

place_design -cells  is a new option and I don't know . But I do what you want with another way  as below tcl code demonstrated.

create_pblock  pblock_emi

resize_pblock  pblock_emi  -add CLOCKREGION_X0Y6  :  CLOCKREGION_X1Y8  -locs move_unfixed

add_cells_to_pblock -clear_locs [get_pblocks pblock_emi] [get_cells - of_objects [get_timing_paths -from [get_clocks clk_pll_i] -max_paths 10000000] -filter {NAME =~ "U_dcore/*"}]

nonsense
Visitor azhiping
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi tried using pblocks and indeed it works!

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Congratulations !

nonsense
0 Kudos